
Evie is officially potty trained!! And I never have to buy another diaper, ever!! I took the advice of my friend Ashlee Porter and borrowed her book; "Potty Training in One Day". This method worked like a charm with Evie. First she trained her doll how to go potty, she loved that. Then it was her turn. She took off her diaper and put on her "big girl" panties. Then I gave her lots of fluids and treats. She sat on the potty several times before she actually went pee pee. The "Princess Potty" book Grandma Harris gave her was the final motivation that helped her take the plunge and go in the potty because she got to wear the crown and put stickers on it. By noon she had gone pee pee in the potty 5 times! She was having great success!! It helped that it was just her and I at home, so there weren't any distractions. Things were going so well that I sat down at the computer for a minute and pretty soon, Evie came running to tell me..."Come see mama, it's gross!" I immediately assumed the worst and thought I was going to see a mess, but I was pleasantly surprised when she showed me that she had gone poo poo in the potty all by herself! She did amazingly well all day and even stayed dry through the night! She was almost too easy to potty train, it was a happy day!!

No comments:
Post a Comment